Closing individual kiosks

Nov 1, 2009 at 6:37 PM
Edited Nov 1, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Not being as intimately connected with the code as you guys are, I don't know if this is possible or not, so I figured I'd ask.

We have an issue related to parents trying to check-in early. Here's what happens:

9AM - Service check-in starts at 8:40. No problems.

9AM - Gym check-in ends at 9:45. No more children will be admitted. However, nursery & preschool checkin continues until 10:30.

11AM - Service check-in starts at 10:40. Parents who show up between 10:15 and 10:30 try to check their kids in and cannot, and there usually aren't workers around to help them so they get frustrated and confused. 

Would there be a way to have a kiosk follow the check in schedule for a single attendance type, while allowing them to check-in multiple attendance types? In other words, how difficult of a code modification would it be to allow our gym kiosks shut down at 9:45 even though they can checkin attendance types that are still open?

Joel

Developer
Nov 2, 2009 at 4:02 PM

It would have to be something tied to either something else entirely, or to more than one attendance type.  On the weekend the above would work fine, but during the week or any other time we are doing check-in for a non-weekend program, the kiosks would fail to function.

Coordinator
Nov 2, 2009 at 10:47 PM

It sounds like a non-trivial (to put it in programmer terms) issue to me. It seems to be a case of "convention over configuration" that could present a completely new set of challenges that we haven't addressed yet, and would likely introduce a lot more complexity.